ON the northern aspect of Fingal Island, facing Broughton Island, is a small cove known by fishermen and islanders as the “Crayfish Hole”. It was on the rocky shoreline of this natural harbour that a wharf and boathouse existed in 1918. Here the Government Department kept two boats, a whaler of 20 feet and a […]
The crane, wharf and boathouse became of lesser importance after the light house became increasingly automated from 1960 when it converted to electricity and finally to solar.
